- Crystal Air ozone
generator Support Q & A
- - QUESTION: How much power does an
ozone generator consume?
- - ANSWER: Very little, the smallest
AC ozone generator we sell is the PRO 700 and uses less than 25 watts. The
largest, PRO 10,000 uses less than 160 watts.
- - QUESTION: What should my ozone
generator sound like?
- - ANSWER: The ozone generator should
make a steady, quiet buzzing noise that gets quieter as the level is
- - QUESTION: When I turn my ozone
generator on the fan works but I do not smell any ozone, what do I do?
- - ANSWER: First, check to see whether
the generator plate is dirt if so, try cleaning the plate, ensure that the
plate is 100% dry before reinstalling. Any moisture in the plate will stop
the ozone generator from working and possibly cause damage to the internal
components if operated for a prolonged period of time. If this fails to
solve the problem contact Crystal Air.
For further information.
- - QUESTION: My ozone generator will
only operate at full level, what is wrong?
- - ANSWER: If The ozone generator is
only operating when set to the full setting it is most likely the level
control. this is normally caused by a faulty burned out plate or if the unit
was turned on and operated for prolonged period with a misaligned plate.
Check the instruction manual.
- - QUESTION: My ozone generator seems
to have less ozone output than when I first received it, can you help?
- - ANSWER: Yes, it sounds like one of
a few possible problems.
- - Dirty generator plate. The generator plate
must be cleaned regularly, if it not cleaned regularly the ozone production
- - Worn out generator plate. If the plate
appears to be flaking, it is probably worn out. Replacement mica is
available for purchase on our web site,
click here for more info.
- - QUESTION: When I turn up the level
on my ozone generator it starts to snap and crackle, what is wrong?
- - ANSWER: The snapping or crackling
sound is usually from a dirty, worn out or misaligned plate. Click here to
download the instruction manual.
- - QUESTION: The blue glow that I used
to see on the generator plate has changed to a yellow - orange spark in one
spot that makes a crackling sound even after cleaning, what do I do?
- - ANSWER: This usually indicates a
hole in the mica plate. Replace the generator plate.